Chưa phân loại

what are the benefits of tomatoes

Nutritional value of tomatoes

The highest percentage of tomatoes is 95% water, the remaining 5% consists mainly of carbohydrates and fiber. In 100 grams of raw tomatoes, there are the following nutrients. 18 kcal, 0.9 grams of protein, 3.9 grams of carbohydrates, 2.6 grams of sugar, 1.2 grams of fiber, 0.2 grams of fat….

The carbohydrates in tomatoes include. Simple sugars, such as glucose and fructose, which make up nearly 70% of the carbohydrate content.

Fiber. Provides about 1.5 grams in each medium-sized tomato. Eighty-seven percent of the fiber in tomatoes is insoluble fiber, in the form of hemicellulose, cellulose and lignin.

Vitamins and minerals: Tomatoes are a good source of many vitamins and minerals. Vitamin C, an essential nutrient that acts as an antioxidant. Using a medium-sized tomato provides the body with approximately 28% of the Reference Daily Intake (RDI). Potassium, an essential mineral, potassium is beneficial for controlling blood pressure and preventing heart disease. Vitamin K1, or phylloquinone, is important for blood clotting and bone health.

Folic acid (vitamin B9) One of the B vitamins, folic acid is important for normal tissue growth and cell function. It is especially important for pregnant women.

2. Other phytocompounds in tomatoes

The composition of vitamins and phytocompounds in tomatoes can vary depending on the cultivar and habitat. The major plant compounds in tomatoes are.

The composition of vitamins and plant compounds in tomatoes can vary depending on the cultivar and habitat. The main plant compounds in tomatoes are: Lycopene.

Lycopene. A pigment with a red color that acts as an antioxidant. The health benefits of lycopene have been extensively studied.

Beta carotene, the antioxidant that usually gives food its yellow or orange color, is converted to vitamin A in the body.

Tomatoes 101: Nutrition Facts and Health Benefits


Naringin. This flavonoid compound found in tomato skin has been shown to reduce inflammation and protect mice from a variety of diseases.

Chlorogenic acid. A potent antioxidant compound, chlorogenic acid may lower blood pressure in patients with hypertension.

Chlorophyll and carotenoids (such as lycopene) contribute to the rich color of tomatoes. As ripening begins, chlorophyll (green) is broken down and carotenoids (red) are synthesized.

The lycopene carotenoids are most abundant in ripe tomatoes and are particularly evident in the plant compounds of the fruit. It is found in the highest


Related Articles

Trả lời

Email của bạn sẽ không được hiển thị công khai. Các trường bắt buộc được đánh dấu *