If the power outlet is operating at too much capacity, it will cause a lot of influence on the electrical equipment in the house and endanger the safety of the user. Immediately refer to some ways to avoid overloading the electrical outlet for safety in the article below!
The cause of the fire at the power plug
The low-voltage power supply system does not meet the equipment capacity
The low-voltage power system leading to the distributor has not met the capacity and usage needs of many machines or household appliances at the same time, leading to overload, which is one of the common causes of electrical outlet failure. fire.
When this situation occurs, the possibility that the devices in use are also affected is very large. Therefore, users should split the power consumption. At the same time, add aptomat for electrical equipment to ensure safety for devices used in the family.
Damaged electrical equipment
The breakdown of electrical equipment in your home is also the cause of electrical fires. Electrical equipment in the house may appear malfunctioning such as operating at excessive capacity, short-circuited kettle, broken oven, etc.
Unbeknownst to the users, these incidents have unintentionally overheated the power cord and burned the contact point of the plug leading to many serious problems such as fire, great loss of life and of the.
Unsafe usage habits
Some habits of using the phone while charging or using electrical devices with strong capacity but forgetting to turn it off, causing the device to operate for a long time will lead to hot sockets and sparking sockets. , explosion, danger to life.
Poor quality socket
Sockets on the market are sold with a wide variety of different prices, so if you are not careful when choosing, you can buy a poor quality socket, leading to overload and causing damage. Explosion.
Poor quality electrical sockets are made of mixed materials with low elasticity, which can easily lead to poor electrical loads and fire. You should carefully study the quality brand, then choose a reputable store to have a good warranty policy and you will feel more secure when using it.
Do not install anti-shock CB
Most families will not be equipped with an anti-shock CB, so it can easily lead to overload, causing fire and explosion. The best way, you should install an additional anti-shock and anti-overload CB system for the electrical network in case there is a problem.
At the same time, this device is easily disconnected to protect electrical appliances in the house. Besides the above reasons, there are some other causes that cause electrical outlets to catch fire such as water-soaked electrical outlets, electrical systems near places with high noise levels, leaking underground water pipes, etc.
How to avoid overloading electrical outlets in your home
Equipment classification by capacity
On average, each power outlet can bear a maximum load of 3000W. This also means that you should classify the devices in your home to plug the device’s power cord into the electrical outlet so that it is reasonable, to avoid overloading the electrical outlet. You can group appliances that use more and less energy separately:
Groups of equipment that often use large capacity: iron (2800W), washing machine (2200W), dryer (2100W), vacuum cleaner (2000W), …
Groups of devices that often use small capacity: televisions (70W), desk lamps (5W), network equipment (10W), laptops (160W), …
As can be seen, devices such as televisions, network devices or laptops can be plugged into the same power outlet. You should not plug in the same electrical outlet to use the iron and washing machine or vacuum cleaner because it can lead to voltage overload, cause heat, reduce product life and risk of fire and explosion.
Do not extend electrical outlets
The habit of extending electrical outlets together from an original outlet can cause overload for the original outlet. Instead, you should always use a long outlet, and at the same time, you should also sort the electrical equipment plugged into the outlet so that no overload occurs.
Buy reputable, quality sockets
Buying sockets from well-known brands with clear origins will minimize problems when using. Because most products are manufactured according to certain processes and quality checked before reaching consumers.
And yet, you will be recommended by the manufacturer and instructed to use the power outlet on the product packaging, along with a prestigious warranty, helping you feel more secure when using.
Use surge protectors and surge protectors
Sockets equipped with surge protectors (SPDs) will keep electrical equipment capable of normal operation and avoid shortening the product’s life when voltage spikes occur. Voltage increase or voltage drop can occur due to a number of reasons such as:
Closing – opening appliances suddenly in the house such as: turning on – off lights, turning on water heaters, using vacuum cleaners, etc., causing sudden increase or decrease in voltage of running electrical appliances.
Electrical impulses (from lightning strikes) can be generated in electrical wiring.
In addition, the manufacturer also integrates an indicator light on the anti-surge socket, letting you know the status of the socket is working, if the light is no longer on the socket, you should replace the socket. new electricity because it has absorbed a large energy surge during its past use.
On average, you should change the electrical outlet at least every 2 years to ensure safety when using electrical appliances in your home.